Our service aims to meet the social, developmental and personal needs of young people. This work is carried out through a community development approach, which results in a supportive environment and a wide range of options for young people.
We do this by:
- Providing and supporting a local youth service.
- Providing a Youth Information Service, which acts as a one-stop shop, where young people can access information on matters relevant to them.
- Establishing community based youth projects.
- Providing learning, training and social/personal development for young people.
- Supporting volunteers and adults with work with young people.
- Providing an informal/caring role to young people.
- Liaising and interacting with other groups, agencies and organisations.
We are delighted that the work of Drogheda Youth Development (as we were previously known) has been recognised by the:
- Foroige Active Citizen Awards
- AIB Better Ireland Awards
- Drogheda Business Excellence Awards
- Office of the Children’s Ombudsman Awards
...to name but a few.